Ways To Celebrate National Dog Day!
National Dog Day is August 26th. It is a day to celebrate all dogs and encourage rescuing the many dogs in shelters and rescues. There is a reason dog is known as “man’s best friend.” Our dogs become part of our family and they bring us as much love as we shower on them. They kiss us when they’re happy to see us, and they lay with us when we’re feeling down. This National Dog Day, we wanted to share with you a few ways you could celebrate and show appreciation for these wonderful four-legged friends of ours.
- Adopt a dog. The reason this day was created was to bring awareness to the many dogs that need adopting, so what better way to show our appreciation than to adopt a new furry friend?
- Throw a puppy party. Why not? Who doesn’t love a good party, and it’s a great way to bring the WHOLE family together.
- Donate to a shelter. Dog shelters are in need of many supplies. Consider donating blankets, food, toys, and other items.
- Have a fun day outdoors with your dog. Dogs love running around outside and sticking their nose in all kinds of things. Plan a fun walk or day at the park with your fur baby.
- Spa day. Dogs enjoy a good pampering as much as we do. Treat your dog to a nice spa day for a mani-pedi and even a massage.
- Get a haircut. Treat your dog to a fresh clean cut.
- A new toy. Dogs love new toys. Give your dog a fun new toy to play with.
- Get your dog a pooch cake. Nowadays there are all kinds of treats for our dogs, and even bakeries devoted to doggy goodies. So pick up a celebratory treat for your beloved pup(s).
There are many ways to show your dog(s) love and appreciation. They add so much love and joy to our lives, remember to also show them love and attention every day.
We wish you and your dog(s) a