How Pawfect Pet & House Sitter is Keeping You, Your Fur-babies, and Our Staff Safe During the COVID-19 Pandemic
By now, we are all well aware of the dangers that the Coronavirus poses within our community. Health and Government officials alike have urged us to practice social distancing and only to go out for the essentials.
Still, you may be wondering if you can use a dog walker or pet services safely while still practicing social distancing?
Will you be able to find pet care when you are an essential worker?
Is it okay to hire a dog walker even though I’m working from home?
The answer to all of those questions is, yes! As a pet sitting service, Pawfect Pet Sitter is still up and running to help care for your fur-babies.
Since we are still open and running services, Pawfect Pet Sitter is also taking special precautions to make sure our sitters and clients stay healthy and safe.
Social Distancing and Your Pet Care
The best way to limit the spread of COVID-19 is to practice social distancing as much as possible. So, how can you do that when hiring a pet sitter or walker?
How Pawfect Visits Have Changed and How it Impacts Pet Visits or Care:
- Non-essential meet & greets will be approved only for boarding and doggy daycare on a case by case basis.
- We want to continue helping those in need, such as workers in the healthcare industry, retail, or other essential industries.
- We understand that if you are working from home, your dogs still need exercise during the day. We can take your dog for their walks to keep you focused on your job. This can help minimize the distraction of your pup begging you for attention.
- To continue the practice of social distancing, we ask that you have your dog out in the backyard or garage for pickup. If you do not have a yard or garage, we ask that you leave the leash and other supplies near the front door for easy access.
- We also ask that you do not greet us at the door if you are home.
Health Measures Implemented to Keep Our Sitters and Clients Safe
Although Pawfect already had standard health and safety procedures to follow during pet visits, our sitters have all been asked to follow these additional guidelines laid out below.
- Wash hands frequently, before and after each visit.
- Use disinfectant wipes and/or spray on all door knobs, kennels, leashes/harnesses, and other areas that are touched before and after each visit.
- Use our own leashes, if possible
- Wear protective gloves on each visit
- Wear an N95 mask on each visit
- Use hand sanitizer in vehicles before and after each visit, even after washing hands
- Continue practicing social distancing to and from client visits and outside of work hours
- Notify admin right away if they are not feeling well, and are required to stay home.
The safety of our clients and our staff is our number one priority. We want to support you and your fur babies during this time. So, thank you for choosing Pawfect Pet Sitter as your trusted pet sitting service!
If there are any suggestions or safety concerns, you may have, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Pawfect Pet & House Sitter ~